Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Just me

Well, either I've done something wrong in getting this blog going or no one is interested in what I have to say.  I have no idea how to fix the first and have no control over the second so that takes care of that!  But never mind; the blog will go on!

I am so very excited....in one week I will be going to the Ozfest in Wamego, KS!!!  In a unique twist of the road, I find that a good friend has parents who live there and is ready for a trip home.  We will stay with her parents, saving money that can then be spent on the sights and sounds of Oz.  There are parades, plays, items to purchase, Toto's Tacoz, the Oz Winery and possibly even a sighting of one of the original Munchkins.  I have wanted to go for several years but always felt that I couldn't justify the long trip or expense just to egg on my fascination with the Wizard of Oz.  I am a woman of 55, not a child.  Act my age!!!  Well, flying monkeys to that!  Life is too short and precious to miss a chance when it is dropped on you like a house from the sky.

So I am going to Oz (or as close to Oz as I will ever come).  The Yellow Brick Road is actually Hwy 71 and there is only one friend to journey with me but I am ready to skip (drive) all the way.  I'll post later about the experience there and my introduction to pickleball.  Never heard of it before, must be a Munchkin game. 

I'm off to see Wamego.......

No comments:

Post a Comment